CuTS® LV monitors and alerts in real time, service power down and when LV cables have been damaged or stolen. Designed to be mounted on electrical supply poles and the outside of buildings, the CuTS® LV remote unit monitors single or three phase supply lines. Data is collected by wireless communication for cloud based central analysis of the monitoring information. CuTS® LV will determine the type of event causing the compromised service. Distinguishing between events such as: LV cable damage from a tree falling, cable vandalism and theft, a failure within the distribution infrastructure or a widespread supply issue. CuTS® LV includes a cellular modem which is used to communicate alerts and configure/manage the unit.
CuTS® LV measures;
- Voltages of all lines relative to Earth, potted down and transient protected before going into ADC inputs.
- Voltages sampled at 4 points in each mains cycle. Each point is separated by ¼ of a cycle (90°), allowing for true amplitude to be determined as well as exact relative phase angles between all lines. Offsets are completely eliminated with this technique and it allows for detection of floating lines.
- 90° sample separation can be accurately determined by means of mains frequency measurement and phase-locking in software.
- Perform occasional detailed waveform analysis (storing a whole waveform).
CuTS® LV delivers;
- LV Service down notification
- Faster fault / theft resolution
- Monitoring for LV phase voltage(s)
- Delivered Frequency of Phase(s)
- Power Factor
- Peak demand